Today, the Cool & Collected information gathering mission continues. Welcome to the focus group — you will be asked several questions, and refreshments will be served. Collect your money on the way out.
I’m convinced that only nine people visit my site, due to the consistent commenting by those same few individuals (you guys are awesome!), but the stats prove otherwise. So, I’d like both the site regulars (Norm!) and hopefully, some others who might be lurking in the shadows, to tell me what you like most about Cool & Collected, so that I can fine tune this smoking contraption.
You can comment anonymously, so there will be no public record of your opinion.
What made you come to Cool & Collected today?
Assuming this isn’t your first visit, what makes you come back? What kinds of articles do you like the most?
Here are some ideas:
- New and upcoming toys and collectibles
- Vintage and/or rare items
- Collector profiles
- Detailed photos and info on individual collectibles
- Deep thoughts on collecting pop culture
- TV show recaps
- Cool stuff that is up for bid at auction sites like Hakes, Heritage, eMoviePoster, etc.
- Post-auction sales results
- Comic/toy show and event recaps
- Profiles of museums, comic shops, toy stores, etc.
- DIY articles relating to collectibles or diorama building
- Action figure photography
- Garage sale finds
- Creative projects from creative people (posters, comics, custom toys, etc.)
- Specific topics: comic books, toys, posters, advertising, specific properties, etc.
- Personal stories about collecting (“Why I collect…”)
- Guest articles
- All of the above???
When I write articles for the site, much of the work is done in a vacuum, and it can be hard to tell if the world thinks I am as awesome as I think I am. It would help me a great deal if you could add a comment below, or drop me an email letting me know what you like and don’t like about Cool & Collected, so I can get a better idea of where I should be focusing my efforts. Thanks!