Wow! The second outing for the League was another big success! This week, 21 bloggers contributed and chose the piece of Hollywood history that they would most want to own. There were some excellent choices and surprisingly, only a few duplicates. Here’s the list…
- Apparently, Christopher Tupa needs a bigger boat, and thinks One Eyed Willie’s pirate ship from Goonies would be just right.
- It would be a beautiful day for TL at Flashlights are Something to Eat if he could get the trolley from Mr. Rogers’ neighborhood.
- Nat. Not Nate. Dot Net. came up with one of the more obscure (but awesome) items in choosing the Thunder Road ship from the movie Explorers.
- Iok from That Figures joined us this week and was surprisingly the only one who picked the Tardis from Dr. Who.
- Gina at MercanStyle had one of my favorite choices with Miss Piggy and her bicycle from the Great Muppet Caper.
- Matt Can Draw came up with another one of those items that just tore at my 10-year-old heart strings with his choice of the map used in Time Bandits.
- Dex at AEIOU and Sometimes Why picked an item that I’m not even sure exists outside of CGI, but it sure would be fun to ride the Lightcycle from Tron.
- Shawn Robare at Branded in the 80’s would like to have a full-size AT-ST Scout Walker from Star Wars in his backyard (and who wouldn’t!).
- Reis O’Brien at the Lair of the Dork Horde likes his cars (and couldn’t pick just one!).
- Bubba Shelby of Toyriffic went way, way back for his selection of the robot, Maria, from Metropolis.
- Monster Fink at the Midnight Monster Spookshow gets the prize for the most creative answer by wanting exclusive rights to all of the Universal monsters.
- Justin at GeneralsJoes tried really hard to come up with a great GI Joe prop, and he had to dig pretty deep to find an acceptable Cobra Commander prop.
- I like big thinkers, and Michael May’s Adventure Blog certainly thought on a grand scale by choosing Tarzan’s Treehouse.
- Brian at Cool and Collected (yours truly) would love to go ape and have a Planet of the Apes soldier ape swinging around in his cave.
- John at the Revenge from the Cosmic Ark had a bunch of ideas, but my favorite of his choices was a full-size King Kong.
- The Sexy Geek’s House of Swag made a solid choice in selecting the 1966 Batmobile.
- Jason at I Fart Online chose another sweet ride, the Green Hornet’s Black Beauty.
- Kevin at Team Hellions picked the second treehouse of the week, with the Monster Squad Tree house.
- Stacey from the Pendragon’s Post wants to redecorate her house to recreate the set from Pee Wee’s playhouse.
- Fiji Mermaid of Sideshow Cinema got his pick in just in time. Fittingly, his selection was the time traveling DeLorean from Back to the Future.
- Jeremy at Geek Chunks had 30 seconds to comply with his selection of the ED-209 robot from Robocop.
- Colin at FairPlay Things had a few great ideas, but his choice of an actual person should possibly be a whole new topic!
Remember, if you are one of this week’s contributors, be sure to add some links to your fellow bloggers, and help spread the love and bring new readers to each other’s sites.
The League is gaining new blogs every day, and I am humbled by the positive energy everyone has put into this effort. If you haven’t already seen it, check out Branded in the 80’s to see how Shawn has created his own League branding to fit into his site’s design. And also check out Michael May’s Adventureblog to see how he has written a recap of the participating blogs. My hats off to both you guys! Promoting the League like this helps to spread the word to other bloggers and readers, and before long, the League will be unstoppable < insert insane, maniacal laugh here >.
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, the entry bar is pretty low. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!