Can I just say that the writers that make up the League of Extraordinary Bloggers are awesome? Seriously, this week, the League was asked to write up a “What if..?” story similar to the old Marvel comics title and some absolute gold was spun. Check it out…
- What if Twilight was good?
- What if Todd McFarlane had created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
- What if Professor X got all Scanners on the world?
- What if Wolverine just died?
- What if Iron Man, instead of protecting Earth, decided to take a break with his friends?
- What if Daniel lost the All Valley Tournament?
- What if that old blind man hadn’t crossed the street?
- What if a different actor was cast for that role?
- What if the great Chicago blizzard of 1987 had never hit?
- What if Michael Bay made “Biker Mice from Mars?”
- What if the rebels lost the battle at Yavin?
- What if..? — The Star Wars issue.
- What if Carter Burke’s plan worked in Aliens?
- What if Cobra Commander had just saved his money?
- What if the Gremlins won?
- What if George Lucas from an alternate universe had made the franchise from Episode 1?
NOTE: There will NOT be a new League assignment this week. Take some time off to fight the crowds at the airport to eat some turkey with the family. If you really want to write something, you can always tell us what you’re thankful for (I’ll assume it’s not Michael Bay. Old Bay, maybe. Michael Bay, no.). Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
Don’t forget, if you sign up for the Cool & Collected email newsletter, you will get a reminder on Mondays about the new League topic.
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!