This was an amazing week of responses for the League. The League was asked to list their top 10 movies, using whatever criteria they could come up with, and there were some “interesting” selections (let’s just say there was mention of raccoons with giant testicles, among other things). There were 25 blogs who contributed and from what I can tell, this was probably the most comment-baiting topic yet. Paxton’s post over on the Cavalcade of Awesome was selected as one of WordPress.com’s “Freshly Pressed” articles and his site BLEW UP. We will definitely have more “Top 10” topics in the future.
Here are this week’s responses…
- TL at Flashlights are Something to Eat came up with some great 80’s movies: http://mattandtimfunny.blogspot.com/2012/06/faste-top-ten-movies.html
- Memories of Toymorrow gets two points for having a Chuck Norris movie in his list: http://mattandtimfunny.blogspot.com/2012/06/faste-top-ten-movies.html
- Brother Midnight at the Green Plastic Squirtgun joined the League and listed only one movie that I have seen: http://greenplasticsquirtgun.blogspot.com/2012/06/league-of-extraordinary-bloggers-top-10.html
- Michael May’s Adventure Blog lives up to it’s billing by choosing some classic adventure movies: http://michaelmay.blogspot.com/2012/06/lxb-my-ten-favorite-moives.html
- Howie at UnderScoopFire! wrote his list before he even knew the League topic this week! He went a different route and listed 10 movies he hasn’t seen (shakes head slowly): http://underscoopfire.com/top-10-movies-ive-never-seen/
- Reis at the Lair of the Dork Horde had a list that I can totally relate to, but then again, we were separated at birth: http://dorkhorde.blogspot.com/2012/06/league-of-extraordinary-bloggers-weekly.html
- Jamie at Whatever I Think Of! gets two points for mentioning Frank the Tank: http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-10-movies-league-of-extraordinary.html
- Shawn at Branded in the 80’s came up with a great list of 80’s villains. “Sweep the leg, Johnny!”: http://brandedinthe80s.com/new-league-assignment-my-top-ten-favorite-movie-villains
- Ashley at Life with Fandom had an action filled 80’s list. Flash! Aaaaaah!: http://www.lifewithfandom.com/2012/06/league-top-10-favorite-movies.html
- Flywheels almost forgot to mention the Transformers this week! (But he corrected that oversight): http://randomtoyreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/league-of-extraordinary-bloggers-top-10.html
- Brian at Cool & Collected listed his top ten Simians in Cinema: http://coolandcollected.com/top-10-monkey-movies/
- Aaron of The Movie Hodgepodge joined our ranks and came up with an excellent list of 80’s action flicks: http://moviehodgepodge.com/2012/06/06/top-ten-80s-action-movies/
- Adambobomb’s list included “talking anthropomorphic rabbits that wander in a hotel room and talk in coded phrases.” I’m down for that: http://adambobomb.blogspot.com/2012/06/league-topic-top-10-movies.html
- Paxton at the Cavalcade of Awesome broke the internet with his list of time traveling movies (175 comments and counting!): http://blog.paxholley.net/2012/06/07/my-top-10-movies-featuring-time-travel
- Iok at That Figures came up with a list that goes from one end of the spectrum to the other: http://that-figures.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-loeb-assignment-top-10-movies.html
- Shezcrafti joined the League and listed some awesome obscure 80’s movies: http://shezcrafti.com/top-10-obscure-teen-films-of-the-80s/
- Erik Johnson also joined this week after seeing how much fun Michael May has been having, and his list has sent me on a quest for a Patch of Blue: http://erikjohnsonillustrator.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-top-ten-favorite-movies.html
- Nathan at the Dork Dimension is another new League recruit this week and he came up with a mega list: http://www.dorkdimension.com/2012/06/top-10-favorite-giant-monster-movies.html
- Mike at the Sexy Geek’s House of Swag had a list filled with Kevin Smith and Walter Matthau movies. Really! http://yankeesjetsfan.blogspot.com/2012/06/league-assignment-my-top-ten-favorite.html
- Dex at AEIOU and Sometimes Why featured his top 10 Vincent Price movies: http://aeiouwhy.blogspot.com/2012/06/league-post-top-10-movies.html
- CT at Nerd Lunch made his triumphant return with a list of movies he can’t wait to watch with his kids: http://nerdlunch.blogspot.com/2012/06/lxb-top-ten-movies-i-cant-wait-to-watch.html
- Lefty Limbo has a list that includes Goodfellas. Winner! http://www.leftylimbo.com/2012/06/the-league-my-top-10-movies/
- Jason Vorhee’s Blog chimed in immediately after Lefty Limbo with Goodfellas on his list! Double winner! http://jasonvorhees.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/league-assignment-top-10-movies/
- Like many others this week, Kevin at Team Hellions likes his monsters big. http://teamhellions.com/2012/06/11/the-league-xvii-top-10-movies/
- It took us all week before G.I. Joe finally showed up. Thank you My Eidetic Memory: http://myeideticmemory.blogspot.com/
Whew, that was exhausting. Great stuff everyone!
Around the League
Some other things that caught my eye this week on League member’s sites:
- TL had his breakfast retweeted by Pee Wee Herman!
- Who remembers being dungeon master? Michael does.
- Howie really digs “Summertime.”
- Reis is insanely creative and his ninja luchador zombie hoodies prove it.
- Shawn shows off some more wax paper art from the 80’s.
- Definitely check out Ashley’s latest Collecting Nostalgia video.
- Aaron of The Movie Hodge Podge joined CT on last week’s Nerd Lunch Podcast.
- Shezcrafti put up a great list of fictional bands she wishes were real.
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!