There were some really amazing items hauled out of the closets this week as we discussed our prized possessions. This week’s topic asked what you would save if your house was about to have a starring role in John Cusack’s 2012, or a similar disaster.
- Charles at Geek Show Ink saved an amazing piece of original art.
- Bubba Shelby at Toyriffic hopped on his sweet ride and got out of town…
- …and Lefty Limbo was right there with him, pedaling like he had E.T. in his basket.
- Flywheels joined the League and goes into robot salvage mode.
- Ashley at Life with Fandom is taking a little muscle with him.
- Shawn at Branded in the 80’s is rescuing his childhood companion.
- TL at Flashlights Are Something to Eat, finally explains the name of his site with his sentimental save.
- Brian at Cool & Collected is scaling tall buildings with a gorilla in one fist and a spaceman in the other.
- Fong at Haxbee joined the League and kicked things off with an epic save.
- Jon at Double Dumbass on You has nothing to fear, because he’s bringing along his old pal, Jack.
- As usual, Kevin at Team Hellions is kicking ass and taking names–er, autographs.
- Jason Vorhees’ Blog is getting the old gang back together and getting out of Dodge.
- Reis at the Lair of the Dorke Horde is grabbing his doll and jumping in the station wagon.
- And Mike at the Sexy Geek’s House of Swag is grabbing the autograph of some guy named George Herman Ruth Jr.
So many great treasures!
Around the League
Some other things that caught my eye on League member sites this week…
- I think Charles at Geek Show Ink likes ducks as much as I like King Kong.
- Have you been introduced to Toyriffic’s Catwoman Purrsday yet?
- Ashley at Life with Fandom had some luck at the flea market.
- “Wax Paper Pop Art” makes its triumphant return to Branded in the 80’s.
- I had a bad experience buying a toy for my kids.
- Fong at Haxbee is really trying to make me jealous.
- This album cover I saw over at Team Hellions is truly going to fuel my nightmares.
- I am convinced that Reis O’Brien at the Lair of the Dork Horde is the hardest working blogger I know. He makes the rest of us look lazy.
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!